Chapter 6 – MISUSE
Spam / Unsolicited Mass E-mail
The sending of Unsolicited Commercial Email (SPAM) through our servers promoting any website or through third party servers promoting a website hosted by us can result in the suspension or termination of the customers web hosting account without refund. Mailing lists may be operated as long as individuals choose to subscribe to receive mailings via clear 'opt in' methods and a strict removal procedure is published in all mailings. 'Safelists' and other advertising related mailing lists may not be operated. Any complaints received are taken seriously and will be investigated.
Only the chat room scripts provided for the customer in their control panel are allowed on our server. Any other scripts found will be disabled and the account suspended in serious or repeated cases. An exception to this term is provided for scripts which are FULLY applet based whereby the applet is downloaded and run from the clients system.
Under no circumstances must our servers be used for the hosting or communication of, reference to or linking to any of the following:
• nudity, pornography, anything of a sexual, lewd, or obscene nature;
• violations of any copyright or any other right of any third party;
• threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory statements;
• promotion of illegal activities (hacking, cracking, etc);
• information or software containing or about any kind of virus;
• hate speech or hate propaganda;
• the collection of personal information for illegal purposes;
• content deemed by us at our sole discretion to be harmful to us
We do not allow the use of the following scripts on our servers:
- All versions of YABB forum
- Proxy scripts
- IRC scripts
- Chat rooms not included as standard in the cPanel (see s6.2)
- phpShell and similar command execution scripts
In the event that a resold account is in breach of our misuse terms, we reserve the right to suspend this account without informing the reseller. The end user will not be contacted by us and every effort will be made to inform the reseller (our customer) of our actions and reasons.
The Business package
In reference to the BUSINESS hosting package , we reserve ourselves the right to accept or refuse customers, depending on the content of the site in question, as well as to suspend or cancel contracts without prior notification, in case the customer violates the terms and conditions we had agreed upon. Thus, any order that requires hosting for a site that could be included in the category of e-commerce will be rejected, including:
1. Resellers of domains
2. Resellers of hosting services
3. Resellers of virtual stores
4. Search engines
5. Sites with explicit sexual content
6. Free e-mail
7. IRC services
8. Mailing lists applications
9. Any other application that has to do with: spoofing, proxy, hacking, sniffing, warez (mp3, avi, etc. music, movies).
10. free downloads
It is also forbidden to use our servers for storage of data (e.g. movies, mp3, etc.)
eDomain continuously supervises the hosted domains so that the above stated is observed, using methods based on resource monitoring.
Clients who want to purchase the BUSINESS hosting package are advised to contact our team for any questions they might have.
VERY IMPORTANT! We will not host great resource consumer sites on our Shared Hosting packages – FREE, START, ECONOMIC, BUSINESS. The term “shared” means that several clients use resources by division .